There’s a guy on twitter trying to tell me I can’t be a feminist because I think Jeremy Renner has a nice butt.
And Rebecca led him to my twitter doorstep.
Like, look, as long as we sexually reproduce as a human species, we’re going to be physically attracted to one another. When we can’t look beyond the initial, “Hey-ho, nice butt there,” to see intelligence, talent, wit, charm, kindness, etc. to value people then, YES, we have a problem.
Sexual objectification hits women harder because we live in a culture where women aren’t supposed to express sexual desire without being maligned as sluts or whores or deviants. I can wear whatever—a bikini or a sweatsuit—and there will be dudes who are turned on or repulsed by my appearance. Can’t control someone’s thoughts. Also, I can’t help being turned on by Jeremy Renner’s butt. I still value him as an actor first and foremost, but his butt is adorable. To me.
I’m not threatening Jeremy Renner’s livelihood or self-worth by posting a silly, clearly meant-in-jest piece of stupid literature. In fact, I’m helping it. As an actor, he knows the business means his public image is a product. Actors know this. Actors train in the gym to look good. Actors pose in provocative photoshoots to help their career. I’m not going to feel guilty by feeling about Jeremy Renner’s butt the way Jeremy Renner wants me to feel about his butt—especially since I know for a fact JEREMY RENNER IS TOTALLY COOL WITH HAVING HIS BUTT OBJECTIFIED. A mutual acquaintance has confirmed this.
I would like to conclude by saying that I sincerely doubt this guy is spending his free time battling the modeling world or the beauty pageant circuit or the make-up industry or any institution that physically objectifies women. However, when a woman puts up a silly article about Jeremy Renner’s butt, he feels the need to call foul on objectification. Ugh.
I REPEAT JEREMY RENNER IS TOTALLY COOL WITH HAVING GIRLS WRITE ABOUT HIS BUTT. I AM NOT DEMEANING HIM. For fuck’s sake.
/controversy ahead. EEKS!
- thinkingupblognamesishard likes this
- polarbearmegz reblogged this from ryeisenberg
- erikonymous likes this
- sanctimonypony likes this
- weaziller77 likes this
- lalaredhead reblogged this from megsokay and added:
- kaava likes this
- blerg likes this
- writinginbed likes this
- perkieandmowgli likes this
- mimmers68 likes this
- merrymagicalbroad reblogged this from megsokay
- naked-negative likes this
- claireayoublaughingatthings likes this
- dharmaserenity reblogged this from ryeisenberg
- itsfrantastic likes this
- pleasant-tomorrow likes this
- feelinghellastabby likes this
- abberz likes this
- thebabybangs likes this
- section9 likes this
- maritzalugo likes this
- ryeisenberg likes this
- ceyren likes this
- ryeisenberg reblogged this from megsokay
- gothamcity-siren likes this
- megsokay reblogged this from ryeisenberg and added:
- buildingaladder likes this
- laughingfish reblogged this from ryeisenberg and added:
- megsokay said: WHY DID YOU LEAD HIM TO ME??? Also, his arguments are so invalid. MODELS DO LOSE WEIGHT TO FURTHER THEIR CAREERS. JFC.
- alexleefitz likes this
- ryeisenberg posted this