Upworthy’s mission is to use social media to draw attention to things that matter — we make important issues go as viral as a video of some idiot surfing off his roof. We’re growing super fast: By some measures, we’re one of the fastest-growing media sites in history, reaching more than 4 million monthly unique visitors by our sixth month online. You can read more on our mission here, and check out this article on our first 100 days from The New York Times’s David Carr.
One of the many ways in which we enact this mission is by having a strong, data-driven social media presence, managed by our Audience Development team. Though we have focused primarily on Facebook up to this point, we will be developing our Tumblr and Twitter presence in the near future. We are looking for a passionate social media user who wants to help millions of people see meaningful content to be our fearless intern as we continue to grow rapidly.
The Audience Development/Social Media intern will be responsible for working with the Community Manager to maintain and update all social media channels, as well as developing new strategies for distribution and user engagement. You must be very comfortable with Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram. Your job might include: scheduling daily content posts, moderating comment streams, brainstorming new ways to engage users with the website and with the channels themselves, testing out new strategies, helping to develop the Upworthy voice, and collecting data. You’ll work directly with Upworthy’s leaders and get the inside scoop about our work on virality.
WHAT YOU’VE GOTTA HAVE:
*Your own ergonomic laptop / computer setup
*Phone and internet access 24/7
*Creativity and a sense of humor.
*Clear and precise communication skills.
*Fantastic writing skills. You can find a smart, witty angle on anything.
*Attention to detail—seriously. If you don’t have this, you should stop right here.
*Tech skills and Internet savvy.
*Understanding of and love for social media—if you have a great blog, Twitter feed, or Tumblr with a dedicated following, that’s a good sign.
*Great people skills
Work from home, live anywhere. Hours are flexible and we collaborate online.
Do you want to work for Upworthy? You know you do! Apply today!
- markholyoake-photography likes this
- taichi-style likes this
- southerngirl2206 likes this
- breakfastat3am likes this
- guitarist0418 likes this
- stevemilks likes this
- the-iron-honeybadger reblogged this from upworthy
- thisnamesnottaken likes this
- according-to-hannah likes this
- kiagummibear likes this
- themonotonousmonster likes this
- just-meredith likes this
- thelastdiamondintherough likes this
- theinexhaustiblevariety likes this
- jessjoycej likes this
- midnightsword reblogged this from upworthy
- numbtongue likes this
- wheeliewonka reblogged this from megsokay
- fonziewassixfour likes this
- somuchfunithurts likes this
- megsokay reblogged this from ryeisenberg and added:
- ryeisenberg reblogged this from upworthyinsider and added:
- cameronclarke likes this
- miosilenzio likes this
- hothiscold likes this
- noratherese likes this
- latinagabi likes this
- youwannagohigher likes this
- nocturnalart likes this
- nomina-nuda-tenemus likes this
- exactlywhatiwasthinking reblogged this from upworthy
- exactlywhatiwasthinking likes this
- why-are-youtiger likes this
- sarabrighteyes reblogged this from upworthy
- niftyjames reblogged this from upworthy and added:
- floodlightcollective likes this
- glycerineclown likes this
- thesqueakyrobot likes this
- hoboway likes this
- andywhorehal likes this
- rebeccaadele reblogged this from upworthy and added:
- nachattack likes this
- purplebloodedmajesty reblogged this from upworthy
- sunshinegoawaytoday likes this
- juniebjoneses likes this
- weareallmissing likes this
- ninja-toes likes this
- meanthugging likes this
- bigfatfeminist reblogged this from upworthy
- upworthy reblogged this from upworthyinsider