Posts tagged Alan Davies.
Awesome behind the scenes of the day: The Making of QI
If you’re a fan of the British quiz-comedy-science show, QI, you’ll get a kick out of this hourlong special that aired over the weekend on the making of QI, from its humble origins to the awesome show we all know and love today.
Submitted by Delsyd
I want to move to London and work on QI. Can someone make that happen for me, please?
Alan Davies: Does French kissing mean kissing with tongues?
Stephen Fry: Yes. [waggles his tongue at Alan for several seconds]
Alan Davies: Are you seeing anyone at the moment?
Stephen Fry: I’m sorry. Yes, with tongues.
Jo Brand: I thought that was very attractive.
Alan Davies: Jackass: The Movie is the funniest movie ever made.
Bill Bailey: I prefer Jackass: The Novel.
QI XL [7x05] “Groovy”
A triumph of fridge magnet technology
This is probably the moment in which I stopped completely hating Jimmy Carr for bringing Distraction to America.
- Stephen: People haven't read the Bible much these days, but I can read to you from Genesis, Chapter 7. "And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation. Of every--"
- Alan: Why did they talk like that?
- Stephen: Well, he spoke Hebrew, didn't he, dear. This is a translation into English, you see.
- Alan: [covers face with hand]
- Stephen: They spoke like that when they really could speak English, Alan. I think in five-hundred years time, when they hear the things we've said, and perhaps even things you've said, they might go, "Jesus--"
- Alan: Don't pick on me! You're quoting from a mythical being!
Alan Davies: Is it true that you gave Prince Charles, for his wedding present, some coffee made out of weasel shit?
Stephen Fry: Mmm, not exactly. [pauses] It was Cambodian… weasel vomit. It’s a coffee that these weasels eat, and then—
Alan Davies: They eat the beans, and then from what they excrete—
Stephen Fry: No, vomit. They vomit, and the acid in the stomach kind of softens it, and it’s apparently very flavoursome. [pauses] I just felt it was something he wouldn’t have!
Alan Davies: Jackass The Movie is the funniest film ever made
Bill Bailey: I prefer Jackass The Novel.
Poor Alan has learnt to be suspicious of Stephen’s questions.
- Alan Davies: I haven't actually read [Genesis].
- Stephen Fry: Really? Well, you should, it's hilarious.
EDDIE IZZARD? DANIEL RADCLIFFE?!
OMG I MIGHT JUST DIE.