Thank you, QI!QI marijuana muggles
A post for Anna.
This is all I managed to find in my bookmarks for now, but as I come across others I will add them.
- Religion has had its day. (Argumental) Marcus Brigstocke argues FOR while Rory McGrath argues AGAINST on Argumental, a comedy debate show shown on UK television channels Dave and BBC2.
- The theory of evolution is nonsense. (Argumental) Dara O’Briain argues FOR while Marcus Brigstocke argues AGAINST.
- Dara O’Briain on God Moments and Evolution
- Dara O’Briain on Catholicism and Creationism; Frankie Boyle on Sarah Palin and her views on Creationism
- Dara O’Briain on a mixed marriage. A girl from Cork who was Catholic and a guy from Edinburgh who was Protestant. A mixed marriage.
- Marcus Brigstocke on the three Abraham Religions (Christianity, Islam, and Judaism) Equal opportunity criticism of three of the main world religions.
- Marcus Brigstocke rants about religion Not a fan of Ann Widecombe? Neither is he.
- Dylan Moran on religion On his religious crisis, growing up in a religious country, prejudice, religions, and imaginary friends. Absurdist and brilliant.
- QI on Christianity, Christmas, and Mithras. Why is Christmas Day on 25 December? Outlines the similarities between Mithras, a Roman god of the Sun, and Jesus Christ. “Is he a tribute band?”
- Jimmy Carr defends Atheism. Jimmy Carr grew up Catholic and converted to Atheism as an adult.
- Unlikely lines to read in the Bible. (Mock the Week)
This list is full of so much win. Because comedy is a method for seeking truth through absurdity, comedians are often the best people to turn to when it comes to separating religious truth from fiction. I love it.comedy comedians dara o'briain mock the week QI jimmy carr marcus brigstocke religion atheism atheists God evolution creationists Sarah Palin Frankie Boyle rory mcgrath dylan moran christianity the bible
QI Alan Davies Bill Bailey jackass
Alan Davies: Jackass The Movie is the funniest film ever made
Bill Bailey: I prefer Jackass The Novel.